1. BE PRESENT AND CONSISTENT – The key to a successful Instagram strategy is to show up and be consistent so your followers know when you will be there. If you are flitting back and forth on it and leaving huge breaks between posting, you risk your loyal followers losing interest and its likely your engagement will suffer as a result. Make sure you are posting regularly and are interacting with other accounts. Respond to any comments you get on your images within the first 10 minutes of posting- not just out of courtesy that someone has taken the time to stop scrolling to reach out and leave you a comment, but because any comments and interactions, but that time-frame is key to your post being a hit or a flop within the algorithm.
2. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BUSINESS ACCOUNT & START USING YOUR INSIGHTS – Make sure you are set up with a business account, by following these steps. With a business account you get to access vital insights on your posts, such as what times your audience is online (to know the optimum time to post). There is a Content tab that shows you how your stories, posts and promotions are performing. The Activity tab tracks your weekly Interactions, Reach, and Impressions. The Audience tab gives important insights on your audience, including follower growth overtime. You can also click on “view insights” under each post to discover the post reach, engagement and number of profile visits and website clicks.
It’s a brilliant way to make sure you are present at the right time and give your business the perfect chance to be seen by more people.
3. HAVE A HASHTAG STRATEGY – Hashtags are a great way to index your posts! Instagram allows you to use up to 30 hashtags on a post, however, there’s a lot of contradicting advice on this one. Here’s our argument forusing the maximum 30 hashtags- did you know that a post with just one hashtag on it gets seen 12.9% times more than a post without one. Imagine using all 30 of them? Take some time to check out hashtags that have less that 100K images linked to them as you are far likelier to be seen using them. Use the “view insights” option under your images to see how they are performing!
4. UTILISE THE STORIES FEATURE – With Instagram constantly updating it’s “support small” functions via Stories, it’s a great opportunity for you to spread the word about your business. As a small business, our advantage is that people buy from people and customers want to see the people or persons behind the business. So show them the behind the scenes. It doesn’t need to be time consuming to take a quick photo or video of yourself working on your current project. Your audience would love to see what you’re doing and what it’s like running your business. They’ll be more invested in you and your business if you do. Stories also gives you a place to put all those unfiltered moments that perhaps didn’t make the cut for your main feed image. Remember, your Stories feed and your Main Grid feed are shown to different people, so take a look at those who interact with your grid posts and those who watch your stories. This should help you figure out the style of content you want to be creating for those respective audiences!
5. USE INSTAGRAM AS A FEEDBACK TOOL TO INCREASE ENGAGEMENT AND GAIN INSIGHTS INTO WHAT YOUR FOLLOWERS WANT – Use polls & questions in your stories as research! It’s a great way for you to get feedback and develop your next product or service. Also, start asking questions on your grid posts – it’s another super way to create a dialogue between you and your customers, plus it pushes up your engagement and up the algorithm!
Did you enjoy those tips? You might like this e-course too…
Our E-course is back: Curate Your Brand: The Art of Visual Storytelling!
Following the success and fantastic feedback received from those who completed our May enrolment of this course, we are bringing it back, starting the 23rd June! Originally designed to be run as a face-to-face workshop in March (which sold out in less than 72 hours but was cancelled due to covid), we developed & adapted it in to a comprehensive 2 week E-course which first ran in May 2020.
Since then we’ve also revamped it with extra content making it an even meatier 30 page booklet & course that is jam-packed with tools, tasks and more to make sure you are growing your engagement and following in an authentic way! In this online business course, you will delve deep into the core of your brand & values to identify and attract your target customers through the art of storytelling, rather than hard selling. The Course can be completed flexibly & you have 4 days to complete each section of the course before the next section is released. This course is for you if:- ✨Are feeling a little lost with the direction of your business ✨Struggle for content ideas & don’t have a consistent, coherent strategy on social media ✨Want to share more than just photographs of a product or service ✨Feel like your images or captions don’t convey the personality or vibe of your business ✨Need a boost in business inspiration, motivation & passion ✨Want actions to take away & implement into your brand marketing In this 30 page booklet & e-course, you will:-✨Understand how you feel about your current Instagram feed to identify the areas you want to work on✨Go in depth to identify your perfect customer✨define your brand, your values & your “why”✨create a mood-board so you can accurately communicate your brand visually✨create a catalogue of stories for use on social media content & blogs.✨plan out your next 9 social media posts.✨learn the importance of hashtags & work out your own strategy✨buddy up with another course attendee to give constructive feedback on each other’s Instagram feeds. ✨Have access to a private Facebook group for course members only, overseen by QueenBeady.
Queen Beady’s very own Instagram FeedAt the end of the 2 week course, you will have a 30 page workbook, filled with knowledge, ideas & content to use daily to grow your business. The course also includes audio commentary, a private Facebook group to discuss what we have uncovered in each session & to ask @queenbeady questions over the course of the 2 weeks.
We currently have an early bird saving of 20% off before the 17th June 2020, so please use “VISUALSTORY20” at check-out and it will make it £71.20!
And remember, those within our Enterprise Collective Academy Membership plan– receive a huge saving of 40% off, reducing the price to just £53.40!
PLUS: We have an interest-free, 3 month payment plan so you can spread the cost!